1. His Excellency, the Deputy Governor of Nasarawa State;
2. His Excellency, Engr. Abdullahi A. Sule, Governor-Elect, Nasarawa State;
3. His Excellency, Deputy Governor-Elect, Nasarawa State;
4. The Right Hon. Speaker, Nasarawa State House of Assembly;
5. The Hon. Chief Judge of Nasarawa State;
6. Principal Officers and Members of the State House of Assembly;
7. Members of the State Executive and Security Councils;
8. The Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State;
9. Head of the Civil Service;
10. The National Vice Chairman, North Central Geo-political zone, All Progressives Congress (APC);
11. The State Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC);
12. Permanent Secretaries;
13. His Royal Highness, Hon. Justice SidiBage Mohammed I, JSCRtd, Emir of Lafia and Chairman, Nasarawa State Council of Chiefs represented;
14. Your Royal Highnesses, visiting Emirs and Chiefs;
15. Chairmen and Chief Executives of Commissions, Boards and Parastatals;
16. Your Royal Highnesses, Emirs and Chiefs, Nasarawa State;
17. Prominent Sons and Daughters of Nasarawa State particularly those of Awe Emirate Council;
18. Other invited Guests at this Occasion;
19. Gentlemen of the Press;
20. Ladies and Gentlemen.
It is my pleasure to be part of this occasion of the presentation of First Class Staff of Office to His Royal Highness, Alh. Isa Abubakar Umar II, Sarkin Awe, taking place here in Awe, Headquarters of Awe Local Government Area. I am pleased to join this chiefdom in welcoming other Emirs and Chiefs, friends and well-wishers who have found time to be with us at this important event.
2. The presence of the large number of sons and daughters of this chiefdom who have come from all walks of life to felicitate with His Royal Highness at this occasion is a reflection of their esteemed regards of the sacredness with which they hold the traditional stool of the Sarkin Awe. It also demonstrates the love and respect for the royal father whose confirmation as a First Class chief we have all gathered to witness today.
3. Your Excellencies, Royal Highnesses, distinguished ladies and gentlemen, it would be recalled that, consequent upon the death of the former occupant of the throne, His Royal Highness, Alh. Isa Abubakar Umar II, was selected by the Awe king makers to succeed his father. Let me, once again, congratulate the royal father for emerging as the new Sarkin Awe. I am confident that, though very big shoes to wear, you will be meticulous in using your craftsmanship to fill the vacuum. It is, indeed, my belief that, as a young, vibrant, resourceful and been deeply religious and full of potentials, Your Royal Highness will be creative in leading your chiefdom to greater heights to enable you sustain the achievements of the late Emir.
4. Your Royal Highnesses, it is pertinent to reiterate that Government will continue to support the Traditional Institution through the provision of conducive environment for their leadership to thrive. It is my belief that this is one way that will galvanize our paramount rulers to mobilize their subjects to support Government policies and programmes.
5. It is pertinent to state that this Administration upgraded some chieftaincy institutions in order to leverage them with their peers and to also redress the seeming neglect they suffered as a result of previous exercises. I make bold to state that notwithstanding the fact that this Administration is exiting, Government is considering the imperative of further upgrading deserving chieftaincy institutions in the State. In the same vein, Government is resolutely committed to resolving the controversies that have impeded the take off of some Chiefdoms more than two to three decades after they were created in order to give the affected communities a sense of belonging and traditional identity.
6. I, therefore, call on all and sundry to continue to support the efforts of this Administration by contributing your part in the sustenance of peace, tranquility and harmonious co-existence. I, therefore, charge all the communities in this chiefdom to give maximum support to His Royal Highness to enable him create opportunities for socio-economic activities to thrive for the benefit of the chiefdom, Nasarawa State and Nigeria at large. This call has become necessary in view of the opportunity provided by the sitting of the Dangote Sugar Refinery in the Local Government Area which, I believe will open vistas for socio-economic development. I appeal to all the affected communities to remain peaceful and support the operation of the company for the benefit of all.
7. Your Excellencies, Your Highnesses, ladies and gentlemen, let me use the opportunity of this occasion to once again express my appreciation to the people of Awe Local Government for finding me worthy to continue to serve them as their representative at the Red Chamber. I am humbled by the outpouring of the support and confidence which you have reposed in me.
8. At this juncture, let me once again congratulate Your Royal Highness on your formal installation and presentation of First Class Staff of Office. I believe that you will continue to unite your people and show them the right direction for the progress and development of your chiefdom.
9. I wish Your Royal Highness, the Sarkin Awe successful reign.
10. Thank you and God bless us all.