1. His Excellency, the Deputy Governor of Nasarawa State;
2. His Excellency, Engr. Abdullahi A. Sule, Governor-Elect, Nasarawa State;
3. His Excellency, Deputy Governor-Elect, Nasarawa State;
4. The Right Hon. Speaker, Nasarawa State House of Assembly;
5. The Hon. Chief Judge of Nasarawa State;
6. Principal Officers and Members of the State House of Assembly;
7. Members of the State Executive and Security Councils;
8. The Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State;
9. Head of the Civil Service;
10. The National Vice Chairman, North Central Geo-political zone, All Progressives Congress (APC);
11. The State Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC);
12. Permanent Secretaries;
13. His Royal Highness, Hon. Justice Sidi Bage Mohammed I, JSC Rtd, Emir of Lafia and Chairman, Nasarawa State Council of Chiefs;
14. Executive Chairmen of Local Government Councils and Overseers of Development Areas present;
15. Chairmen and Chief Executives of Commissions, Boards and Parastatals;
16. Your Royal Highnesses, Emirs and Chiefs, Nasarawa State;
17. Other invited Guests at this Occasion;
18. Gentlemen of the Press;
19. Ladies and Gentlemen.
It is with pleasure and sense of fulfillment
that we are gathered here today for the commissioning of the Nasarawa State
Liaison Office Complex, Abuja.
2. As you are aware, since the inception of this Administration, our cardinal objective and priority has been the provision of befitting accommodation for Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies within and outside the State.
3. You would recall that this complex was conceived in the year 2005 with a completion period of 30-months but was abandoned since the year 2008 at a 60% completion. However, when we came on board, the project was reappraised with the view of completing it and put to use for the benefit of the State. In this regard, experts were invited resulting in some modifications and changes in the design and other specifications.
4. This was carried out so as to ensure that the complex is in tandem with the realities of modern times in aesthetics in line with similar structures befitting the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
5. Accordingly, Government after due diligence re-awarded the construction of the complex to Messrs KCC Construction Limited in 2018 with a completion period of 12 months at the sum of One Billion, One Hundred and Fifty-eight Million, Three Hundred and Ninety-seven Thousand, Six Hundred and Forty-two Naira, Fifty kobo (N1,158,397,642.50) only. I note with appreciation that the project was completed within the stipulated period of 12-months which has now established the prominence and presence of Nasarawa State in the heart of the FCT.
6. Your Excellencies, Your Royal Highnesses, distinguished
ladies and gentlemen, it is pertinent to state that this project would serve as
an additional source of revenue to the State in view of its strategic location
at the Central Business District of the FCT. The
complex has the following facilities:
i. 115Nos. accommodation rooms;
ii. 35Nos. lettable offices;
iii. 1No. banquet hall;
iv. 1No. exhibition room;
v. 1No. kitchen and restaurant;
vi. The Office of the Executive Governor; and
vii. Office for the Executive Governor.
7. Before concluding this address, let me reiterate that the completion of this project was funded from the proceeds of the sales of Nasarawa State Moribund Assets laying waste in Lagos, Jos and Kaduna. Our Administration took this measure because this edifice is more economically viable and will serve the interest of the State much more better. It is my hope and indeed expectation that the Government of Nasarawa State will ensure the maximum utilization of the facility for the benefit of the people of Nasarawa State.
8. On this note, it is my pleasure to commission the New Nasarawa State Liaison Office Complex.
9. Thank you and may God continue to bless us all.