1. His Excellency, the Deputy Governor of Nasarawa State;
2. His Excellency, Engr. Abdullahi A. Sule, Governor-Elect, Nasarawa State;
3. His Excellency, Deputy Governor-Elect, Nasarawa State;
4. The Right Hon. Speaker, Nasarawa State House of Assembly;
5. The Hon. Chief Judge of Nasarawa State;
6. Principal Officers and Members of the State House of Assembly;
7. Members of the State Executive and Security Councils;
8. The Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State;
9. Head of the Civil Service;
10. The National Vice Chairman, North Central Geo-political zone, All Progressives Congress (APC);
11. The State Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC);
12. Permanent Secretaries;
13. His Royal Highness, Hon. Justice Sidi Bage Mohammed I, JSC Rtd, Emir of Lafia and Chairman, Nasarawa State Council of Chiefs;
14. Your Royal Highnesses, visiting Emirs and Chiefs;
15. Chairmen and Chief Executives of Commissions, Boards and Parastatals;
16. Your Royal Highnesses, Emirs and Chiefs, Nasarawa State;
17. Prominent Sons and Daughters of Nasarawa State particularly those of Toni Chiefdom;
18. Other invited Guests at this Occasion;
19. Gentlemen of the Press;
20. Ladies and Gentlemen.
I am delighted to be part of this historic occasion of the presentation of First Class Staff of Office to His Royal Highness, Lawrence Sylvester Oho Ayih II, Abaga Toni of Toni Chiefdom, taking place here in Garaku, Headquarters of Kokona Local Government Area.
2. Let me join the people of Toni Chiefdom in welcoming other Paramount Rulers, friends and well-wishers who have found time to be with us at this memorable event. Your presence at this occasion is a reflection of your esteemed regards and the value you attached to the traditional stool of the Abaga Toni of Garaku. It also demonstrates the love and respect for the royal father whose confirmation as a First Class Chief we are all gathered to witness here today.
3. Your Excellences, Royal Highnesses, distinguished ladies and gentlemen, it would be recalled that, following the demise of the late royal father, His Royal Highness, Lawrence Sylvester Oho Ayih II was selected by the Toni king makers to succeed his father. Let me, congratulate His Royal Highness for assuming the throne of your ancestors. I am confident that, as a visionary and creative leader, Your Royal Highness will be painstaking in using your GodÂ’s given talent to rule your subjects and othe people in your domain. This is the only way you will sustain and consolidate on the achievements of your late father.
4. Let me reiterate that in view of the critical role played by
our Royal Fathers, our Administration, since its inception integrated the
traditional institution into the machinery of governance in Nasarawa State at
all levels. The synergy between government and the traditional institution has
availed us the opportunity to benefit from the wealth of experience of our
esteemed paramount rulers resulting in the sustenance of peace and harmonious
coexistence amongst the diverse ethnic nationalities in our society.
5. Your Royal Highnesses, while i am certain that the in-coming Government will continue to support the Traditional Institution to enable their Royal Highnesses carry out their responsibility of mobilizing their subject to support Government policies and programmes for the development of the society, it behooves me to entreat you and other Emir and Chiefs in the State to continue to support Government in its resolve.
6. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, it is pertinent to state that His Royal Highness, the Abaga Toni ascended the throne of his forebears at a time when traditional rulers are required to refocus the energy and resourcefulness of their subject towards self-help and community project. This is considering the dwindling resources at the disposal of Government. This is not suggesting that Government will abdicate its responsibility of providing social services to the people.
7. Let me take liberty of this occasion to once again appreciate the support and cooperation of our Traditional Rulers accorded our Administration in the eight years of my stewardship. Let me hasten to state that this gesture has contributed immensely towards the realization of the developmental objectives of our Administration in the State. I call on Your Royal Highnesses to extend similar support and solidarity to the in-coming Administration.
8. Finally, let me once again, congratulate His Royal Highness, Lawrence Sylvester Oho Ayih II, Abaga Toni of Toni Chiefdom, on your formal installation and presentation of First Class Staff of Office today. I believe that you will continue to unite your people and show them the right direction for the progress and development of your Chiefdom.
9. I wish Your Royal Highness, a successful reign.
10. Thank you and God bless us all.