1. His Excellency, the Deputy Governor of Nasarawa State;
2. His Excellency, Engr, Abdullahi A. Sule, Governor-Elect of Nasarawa State;
3. His Excellency, Deputy Governor-Elect, Nasarawa State;
4. The Right Hon. Speaker, Nasarawa State House of Assembly;
5. The Hon. Chief Judge of Nasarawa State;
6. Principal Officers and Members of the State House of Assembly;
7. Members of the State Executive and Security Councils;
8. The Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State;
9. Head of the Civil Service;
10. The National Vice Chairman, North Central Geo-political zone, All Progressives Congress (APC);
11. The State Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC);
12. Permanent Secretaries;
13. His Royal Highness, Hon. Justice Sidi Bage Mohammed I, JSC Rtd, Emir of Lafia and Chairman, Nasarawa State Council of Chiefs;
14. Your Royal Highnesses, visiting Emirs and Chiefs;
15. Chairmen and Chief Executives of Commissions, Boards and Parastatals;
16. Your Royal Highnesses, Emirs and Chiefs, Nasarawa State;
17. Prominent Sons and Daughters of Nasarawa State particularly those of Nassarawa Chiefdom;
18. Other invited Guests at this Occasion;
19. Gentlemen of the Press;
20. Ladies and Gentlemen.
It is with a sense of fulfillment and gratitude to Almighty Allah that I join you on this historic occasion of the presentation of First Class Staff of Office to His Royal Highness, Ibrahim Usman Jibrin Emir of Nasarawa, taking place here in Nasarawa, Nassarawa Local Government Area. It is also my pleasure to join this Emirate in welcoming other Emirs and Chiefs, friends and well-wishers who have found time to grace this all-important event.
2. I acknowledge the array of eminent personalities and other well-wishers who have come from far and near to show solidarity and support to the good people of Nasarawa Emirate and to rejoice with the Emir of Nasarawa over his well-deserved appointment. Your show of love and commitment is a true reflection of your esteemed regard of the sacredness with which you hold the traditional stool of the Emir of Nasarawa.
3. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, it would be recalled that, consequent upon the death of the former occupant of the throne, His Royal Highness, Hassan Ahmed II, mni of blessed memory, His Royal Highness, Ibrahim Usman Jibrin was subsequently selected by the Nasarawa selectors to succeed the late Emir. Let me, once again, congratulate the Royal Father for ascending to the throne of your ancestors.
4. It is, indeed, my belief that, as an accomplished administrator, technocrat and former Minister and Member of the Federal Executive Council, Your Royal Highness will bring to bear your enormous wealth of experience and wide reach on the progress and development of Nasarawa Emirate.
5. Your Excellencies, Your Royal Highnesses, it is pertinent to state that during the eight (8) years of my Administration which is gradually coming to an end, we have supported our Traditional Rulers and enhanced their statuses in view of their acknowledged contribution towards societal stability, cohesion and peaceful co-existence. This support and recognition informed our recent installation and presentation of Staff of Office to some Graded Chiefs in the State to enable the affected beneficiaries to continue to contribute to societal development.
6. We have also endeavoured to incorporate the traditional institution into the machinery of governance in Nasarawa State by engaging them in the affairs of Government at all levels. This has availed government of their wealth of experience and doggedness in our governance of Nasarawa State and in the sustenance of peace, tranquility and harmonious coexistence amongst our diverse people over the years.
7. Perhaps, I should say that His Royal Highness, the Emir of Nasarawa is coming on board at a time Government is in need of reputable personalities in our collective determination to unite our people and provide conducive environment for harmonious coexistence and rapid socio-economic development of the society.
8. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, in our determination to ensure infrastructural development in the State, our Administration committed enormous resources in the provision of social amenities to enhance socio-economic activities of our people. It is pertinent to note that, we have constructed the new Nasarawa Water Supply Scheme which I commissioned a short while ago. We have also constructed a 150-bed capacity Hospital in Nasarawa town, provided an e-library among numerous other projects in the education and health sectors.
9. I, therefore, call on all and sundry to continue to support the efforts of Government geared towards the growth and development of the State. I, also charge the communities in this Emirate to give maximum support to His Royal Highness to enable him create opportunities for socio-economic activities to thrive for the benefit of this chiefdom, Nasarawa State and Nigeria at large. I equally call on you all to extend your support and cooperation accorded my Administration in the past eight years to the in-coming Administration as panacea for sustainable development.
10. At this juncture, let me once again congratulate Your Royal Highness on your formal installation and presentation of First Class Staff of Office today. I believe that you will continue to unite your people and show them the right direction for the progress and development of your chiefdom.
11. On this note, it is my pleasure to once again wish His Royal Highness, Ibrahim Usman Jibrin, the Emir of Nasarawa fruitful and successful reign.
12. Thank you and God bless.