Ladies and Gentlemen.
It is with a sense of fulfillment that we are gathered here today to commission the new office complex of the Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State.
2. As you are aware, since the inception of this Administration, one of our major priorities is the provision of befitting office accommodation for Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs). This, we have continued to pursue with zeal and vigor, realizing that without conducive working environment, it would be herculean for the service to initiate policies and programmes of Government and also facilitate their implementation for the development of our society.
3. It is for this reason that we conceived the idea of building this new complex of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State. This is realizing its strategic role as the engine room of Government activities, especially in the initiation and implementation of Government policies and programmes in the State.
4. This edifice, therefore, is constructed to provide conducive atmosphere for the effective and efficient execution of the functions of the Secretary to the State Government. The complex is also designed to serve as a repository for Government sensitive documents. In the same vein, Government has carried out an assessment of the annexed structure of the Office of the Secretary to the State Government aimed at providing more comfortable working conditions to the entire staff of the office for enhanced efficiency in the delivery of service to the State. Accordingly, work for the renovation and upgrade will soon commence on the annexed structure.
5. At this juncture, let me once again reiterate the commitment of this Administration to continue to pursue the provision of the desired conducive working environment for the realization of our set objectives. We shall also sustain our endeavour in the provision of welfare and succour to our teeming public servants for the benefit of better productivity.
6. Let me also say that, I have listened to the request from the Secretary to the State Government for the digitization of the operations of the Office of the Secretary to the State Government in tandem with global e-governance model. Government will give such initiatives the desired boost once it is presented to make their operations efficient and e-compliant.
7. On this note, it is my pleasure to commission the new office complex of the Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State.
8. Thank you and God bless.