The Ministry of Finance & Economic Development
The Ministry of Finance and Economic Development is principally saddled with the responsibilities of all matters relating to the finances of the state as well as provision of advisory and technical services to the Chief Executive of the state on financial issues as indicated below:
- Formulates economic policies for the consideration of Government especially based on current economic and global realities.
- Collaborates and liaises with the relevant Federal, State and Local Government Agencies in the preparation and monitoring of the implementation of financial plans and guideline.
- Coordinates and controls the mobilization , utilization and management of internal and external financial and resources e.g. loan , grants, technical assistance (Manpower/ human resources and public debt).
- Controls and coordinates the receipt , custody and disbursement of State Government funds as well as production and maintenance of final accounts.
- Controls purchases of the state Government Central Store and keeps custody of all financial security books and documents.
- Controls and coordinates the payment of pension and gratuities in the state.
- Conducts internal inspection on all financial transactions of the state
- Controls and coordinates the payment of hired private houses for civil servants.
- Supervises the activities of the Nasarawa State Board of Internal Revenue Services , and facilitates the establishment of State Micro Finance Banks.
- The ministry is a member of the Governing Council of all Tertiary Institutions and Parastatals in the State.
- The Ministry is saddled with the responsibilities for the general administration and coordination of the affairs of the following
State Tenders board
State Manpower Committee
Abandoned Properties Committee
Board of Survey Committee