Information, Culture & Toursim
MINISTRY OF INFORMATION, CULTURE AND TOURISM
Function Of The Ministry:
- Advising on the formulation of policies and creating an enabling environment for the hospitality and tourism industry
- Implementing Government policies and programmes as regards culture and Tourism.
- Identifying the cultural treasures of the State
- Preserving the abundant cultural potentials of the state and promoting same.
- Identify , preserving, protecting and promoting all tourism attraction for the development of the state.
- Preservation of the rich cultural heritage of the state.
- Identifying viable tourism destinations/site.
- Provision and improvement of tourist facilities.
- Researching into the Tourism and hospitality potential of the state.
- Consultations and cooperation with appropriate Federal and Local Government Agencies on ways of improving tourism
- Coordinating inter-department/state planning of Tourism
- Coordination activities on National and state tourism plans.
- Coordinating cultural development throughout the state .
- Development of tourist identified in order to create employment and revenue generation for the state.
- Maintenance and management of parks, games reserves, gardens and zoo.
- Maintenance and management of Hotels
- Informing, educating and enlightening the citizens on government policies, programmes and activities. In doing this , it uses the print and electronic media that exist in the state;
- Public enlightenment by use of films show and other audio visual aids;
- Design and production of the state Almanac and Diaries (Annually)
- Collection and collation of information on government activities;
- Carry out publications on government policies as may be required;
- Coverage of video and pictorial forms , Government activities and programmes in the State;
- Production of official gazettes , laws passed by the state House of Assembly as well as other classified government documents through the Government Printer.