NASARAWA STATE SCHOLARSHIP BOARD
Nasarawa State Scholarship Board as a statutory Body under the Ministry of education was established on the 19th November 1997. Being a quasi autonomous body with dual loyalty to the Ministry of education on one hand and the Board on the other, carries out its statutory functions within the objective principle of the Board.
VISION: To raise a generation of young educated energetic Skillful and able Citizens that will bring about Substantial change and development in the state.
MISSION: encourage and invest on area of students to succeed in higher education.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Nasarawa State Scholarship Board plays some vital roles in providing sound education foundation.
Some of these responsibilities include:
- Awarding Scholarship to successful indigenes of the state who are studying in higher institutions of learning both within and outside the country.
- Advertisement and selling of scholarship forms
iii. Screening of students to determine qualified ones
- Advising applicants on course of which they are qualified
- Laying down terms and conditions for the grant of scholarship and categories of persons to whom a scholarship is to be awarded.
- Requesting the State Civil Service Commission, the teacher’s civil service commission, the local Government services Commission and the Bureau for establishment and training to provide information on man- power requirement of the state and job opportunities. All these and many other functions
CORE VALUE: To give the younger generation a quality education and empower them for a great achievement.
SLOGAN: the future of Nasarawa State students is guaranteed
PAST CHAIRMEN OF NASARAWA STATE SCHOLARSHIP BOARD
- Alhaji Sarki Dahiru
Chairman, Nasarawa State Scholarship Board from October 1997 to 11th June 1999.
- Hassan Ahmed II MNI, NOPMA, MFR
Magajin Gari, Nasarawa.
BRIEF ON PAST AND PRESENT EXECUTIVE SECRETARIES OF THE BOARD
From the inception of the Board in 1997, the Board had Secretaries who direct and control the affairs of the Board.
- Alhaji Yunusa S. Salihu, was the first executive Secretary of the Board from October 1997 to May 2000
- Mr. Joseph Osei Ari KSM took over from him in June 2000
- Alhaji Danladi Ondachi took over from Mr. Joseph Osei Ari from 2007 to 2007
- Mr. Usman S. Umar ACAI, MNIM took over from Danladi Ondachi from 2007 to 7th Sept. 2010.
- Mr. Suleiman Abdul-wahab Suleiman took over from Usman S. Umar from 24th July 2012 to 23rd August 2018.
- Hon. Danlami Ofoku Ikpobose CNA took over from Suleiman Abdul-wahab Suleiman from 2018 till date.